| || |
|Quality of Life|
West Covina's phenomenal Quality Of Life is one of the contributing factors to the growing number of families and businesses coming to West Covina. The City offers many distinctive amenities of life that cannot be compared elsewhere. West Covina offers quality housing, safe neighborhoods, outstanding schools, excellent health services, and first class dining and shopping venues. In addition, West Covina offers a broad array of entertainment and recreation venues for Its residents and businesses.
Further enhancing the City's high standard of living is the stunning panoramic mountain views, extensive open space, and numerous community centers and parks. Rich with culture, West Covina is one of the few cities in the surrounding area to offer community events and programs for all ages.
Residents and businesses enjoy a truly superior quality of life that is unique to West Covina, a City that continually strives to enhance its already high standard of living.
What separates West Covina apart from other cities?
Prominent Commercial Corridor: Over 13.5 million square feet of commercial property along Interstate 10 alone creates a highly visible and desirable commercial corridor with over 484,000 daily commuters passing each day.
Diverse Shopping and Dining Opportunities: West Covina offers a broad array of unique and diverse shopping opportunities, which Includes shopping at the Super Regional Shopping Center (Westfield West Covina), the Regional Power Center (Westfield Eastland) and over 24 neighborhood commercial shopping centers. In addition, West Covina offers over 187 quality restaurants with several Zagat rated dining establishments.
Quality Homes: West Covina offers a quality housing stock with picturesque neighborhoods, which range from median-priced homes in bedroom communities to luxury homes with excellent hillside views. The Median Home Price in West Covina is approximately $500,000.
Rising Land Values: West Covina is a highly desired and sought out location, which is the reason that investing in West Covina is a wise decision considering that land values have consistently and steadily increased.
Highest Level of Public Safety: Being a full service City, West Covina operates its highly acclaimed Police and Fire Departments and takes tremendous pride in serving the community.
Distinguished School Districts: Six (6) distinguished school districts is one of the primary reasons that residents want to live in West Covina.
Excellent Medical Facilities: Citrus Valley Medical Health Partners, Kaiser Permanente Medical Group and Doctor's Hospital of West Covina are among some of the medical facilities in West Covina.
Excellent Entertainment and Recreation Venues: West Covina offers its residents a beautiful 18-screen Edwards Theater and a Big League Dreams Sports Park, as well as excellent parks, community facilities, and a broad array of community events and programs, which simply cannot be matched by any surrounding city.
- The City offers 552 acres of park and open space within its sixteen (16) City parks. In addition, the 42-acre Galster Park is the region's only remaining wilderness area.
- The City is also home to one of San Gabriel Valley's most recognized equestrian centers, Ridgerider Equestrian Center, at Maverick Park.
- The Cameron Community Center is one of the largest community centers within the surrounding area, and holds many quality community and recreation activities for the City's Youth and adults alike.
- The City's active Senior Center has been awarded the Distinguished Site Award by the Los Angeles County Area Agency.
- The Big League Dreams Sports Park, features 6 baseball/softball fields replicating Yankee Stadium, Fenway Park, Tiger Stadium, Wrigley Field, Angel Stadium, and Dodger Stadium.
- Residents of all ages take advantage of the abundant community programs and classes offered by the City, including dance, art, cultural and equestrian classes, sports leagues, childcare programs and computer clinics.
- Community events, include the City's annual Independence Day Celebration and Fireworks Show, Easter Egg Hunt, Winterfest, Cherry Blossom Festival, as well as weekly farmers market, a summer concert series, and a float entry in the annual Tournament of Roses Parade.
Download a printable PDF version of our
Quality of Life Brochure
City of West Covina
Community Development Commission
1444 West Garvey Ave.
P.O. Box 1440
West Covina, CA 91793
Tel: (626) 939-8417
Fax: (626) 939-8665