| || |
|How Would the Elimination of Redevelopment Affect the City?|
Elimination of Redevelopment would adversely impact the City and community.
No more redevelopment projects to eliminate blight.
- Sportsplex Project - remaining Development opportunities
- Lakes Entertainment Center
- Former Wickes site
- McIntyre Square
- Westfield renovation and expansion.
- Eastland Center renovation and expansion.
Past CDC projects would not have occurred.
- Westfield Mall & Eastland Center
- Auto Plaza
- Lakes Office Towers
- Nogales Medical Plaza
- Lark Ellen
- The Citrus Grove
- The Heights
- Big League Dreams
No more or limited economic development efforts because it's agency funded.
- No more business attraction, retention and expansion efforts
- No more entitlement assistance
- No more marketing assistance
No more affordable housing programs.
- Elimination of Home Improvement Loan Program and Housing Preservation Program.
- No more affordable housing developments.
Less sales and property tax revenues, which supports schools, fire, police, parks, community services, streets and public infrastructure.
- Increase taxes to fund future projects.