| || |
|Tuesday, August 09, 2005|
-Community Services Commission Meeting-
SPECIAL MEETING NOTICE
JOINT MEETING OF THE
WEST COVINA COMMUNITY SERVICES COMMISSION
AND PLANNING COMMISSION
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the West Covina Community Services Commission and Planning Commission will hold a public hearing at a special joint meeting.
Date: August 9, 2005
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Place: West Covina City Hall Community Room
1444 W. Garvey Avenue, First Floor
West Covina, California 91790
Business to be discussed as follows: Aroma Park Master Plan and associated categorical exemption.
BY ORDER OF THE CHAIRMAN OF THE COMMUNITY SERVICES COMMISSION
MARY GRACE BARRIOS
Steven L. Samaniego
Secretary of the Community Services Commission
Dated this 4th day of August, 2005
COMMUNITY SERVICES COMMISSION
SPECIAL JOINT MEETING
COMMUNITY ROOM - FIRST FLOOR
Tuesday, August 9, 2005
A G E N D A
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
COMMUNITY SERVICES COMMISSION - Robert Sotelo, Karin Armbrust, MaryGrace Barrios, Alan Carrico, Gilbert Hernandez, Candice McIntosh, Musheer Rasheed, Michelle Roe, Rodolfo Valles, Gloria Vargas
PLANNING DEPARTMENT COMMISSION - Bill Roe, Sherri Lane, Colleen Rozatti, Corey Warshaw, Stuart York
A. JOINT PUBLIC HEARING
AROMA PARK MASTER PLAN
APPLICANT: City of West Covina
LOCATION: Aroma Park
(East Aroma Drive, North of Galster Way)
REQUEST: The City is proposing to adopt a master plan for a new park on Aroma Avenue adjacent to the Pacific Park residential development and Galsterwood Condominiums. The new park is designed as a neighborhood park.
- Open public hearing.
- Staff Report.
- Public Testimony.
- Close public testimony.
- Joint Commission discussion.
Community Services Commission Action:
Motion by ____________, seconded by ____________ to recommend to the City Council (approval/denial) of Aroma Park Master Plan.
Planning Department Commission Action:
Motion ____________, seconded by ____________ to adopt findings as recommended by staff.
Motion by ____________, seconded by ____________ to waive further reading of the body of the resolution and adopt Resolution No. 05-50 (40), recommending to the City Council (approval/denial) of Aroma Park Master Plan.
Final action will be considered by the City Council at a public hearing tentatively scheduled for September 6, 2005.
Motion by ____________, seconded by ____________, to adjourn the Planning Commission at _______.
Motion by ____________, seconded by ____________, to adjourn the Community Services Commission at ______.
CITY OF WEST COVINA
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
COMMUNITY SERVICES COMMISSION
||Tuesday, August 9, 2005
||West Covina City Hall
MRC Conference Room, #314
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON AGENDA ITEMS, PLEASE CONTACT THE COMMUNITY SERVICES OFFICE, ROOM 205 OF THE WEST COVINA CITY HALL LOCATED AT 1444 W. GARVEY AVE., WEST COVINA, CA 91790. THE CITY COMPLIES WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA). IF YOU NEED SPECIAL ASSISTANCE AT THIS MEETING, THE CITY WILL TRY TO ACCOMMODATE YOU IN EVERY REASONABLE MANNER. PLEASE CALL (626) 814-8430 (VOICE) OR (626) 960-4422 (TDD) FROM 8:00 A.M. TO 5:00 P.M., MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY. NOTICE OF FOUR WORKING DAYS MAY BE REQUIRED.
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE/MOMENT OF SILENT PRAYER
III. ROLL CALL:
Armbrust, Barrios, Carrico, Hernandez, McIntosh, Rasheed, Roe, Sotelo, Valles, Vargas
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Minutes of May 10, 2005 Community Services Commission Meeting
- Minutes of May 31, 2005 Special Joint Meeting with Planning Commission and Senior Citizens Commission
- Minutes of June 14, 2005 Community Services Commission Meeting
V. ORAL COMMUNICATIONS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
At this time any member of the public may bring a matter to the attention of the Commission. The Ralph M. Brown Act limits the Commission's ability to respond to comments on non-agendized matters, though your comments may be agendized for a future meeting. The Commission may discuss or ask questions for clarification, if desired, at this time.
VI. COMMISSION BUSINESS
A. Commission Sub-Committee Reorganization - Steve Samaniego
- Sports Council - Current Committee Members: Armbrust, Sotelo
- CDBG/CIP/Transportation- Current Committee Members: Armbrust, Barrios, Carrico, Sotelo
- Soccer Expansion Sub-Committee- Current Committee Members: Armbrust, Sotelo
- Special Events- Current Committee Members: Armbrust, McIntosh, Roe, Valles, Vargas
VII. NEW BUSINESS
A. ADOPTION OF CITY COUNCIL GUIDELINES FOR COMMISSION ORAL COMMUNICATIONS - Steve Samaniego (Attachment - Municipal Code)
Sample text on Agenda for ORAL COMMUNICATIONS:
ADDRESSING THE COMMISSION (3 minutes each speaker)
If you would like to address the Commission regarding a municipal matter that is not on the Agenda, please complete a Speaker's Card and submit it to the Commission Secretary any time prior to Oral Communications - Item V on the Agenda. You may approach the Commission when called upon by the Chair.
If you would like to address the Commission regarding an item on the Agenda, please complete a Speaker's Card and submit it to the Commission Secretary any time prior to the item being discussed. Citizen comments will be taken at the time the subject matter is considered by the Commission. You may approach the Commission when called upon by the Chair. Speaker's Cards are available on the table along with the agendas.
(AGENDA NO.) ORAL COMMUNICATIONS - 30 Minutes Total Allotted Time
(3 minutes each speaker - Ordinance No. 502 adopted October 22, 1956)
Motion by _________, second by _________ to
__________________. Approved by _________.
VIII. COMMUNITY SERVICES DIVISION
A. OLD BUSINESS
- 1. Community Development Commission (CDC) Major Projects Update -Steve Samaniego
- Big League Dreams Project costs (Attached Staff Report & Minutes)
- Construction at La Puente Road and Nogales
(Alameda Corridor East - Grade separation underpass for the train)
- Events Update - Scott Smilowitz
- Summer Concerts
- Fourth of July
- Movies in the Park
- Summer Lunch Program - Scott Smilowitz
- Youth Council - Scott Smilowitz
B. NEW BUSINESS
- Public Performance Licenses - Scott Smilowitz
- Community Services Department Consolidation - (Attached Draft Organization Chart) - Steve Samaniego
IX. RECREATION SERVICES DIVISION
A. OLD BUSINESS
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program Update - Kelly McDonald
- CDBG Consultant's Contract Renewal
- Grant Updates - Kelly McDonald
- LWCF ($255,000) - Galster Park Trails Project Status Report
- Fifth District ($160,200) - Galster Park Trails Project Extension Approved
- San Gabriel Mountains Regional Conservancy (SGRMC) Equestrian Facility Grant - Lyndel Morgan
- Aroma Parkette Master Plan/Cortez Park Master Plan - Lyndel Morgan
- Accepting Applications for the Volunteer of the Year Award (Attachment - Letter to Service Groups) - Kelly McDonald
- Community Services Foundation 501(c) 3 - Kelly McDonald
- CDBG/CAPER - Kelly McDonald
B. NEW BUSINESS
- Summer Aquatic Program - Lyndel Morgan (Attachment)
- Table Tennis Tournament - Lyndel Morgan
- City Council Baseball/Softball Presentations - September 6 and 20
- Cameron Community Center Saturday Adult Basketball
- Congresswoman Hilda Solis Visit to Cameron Community Center August 17, 2005 - Lyndel Morgan
X. SUBCOMMITTEE REPORTS
A. Sports Council (Attached Minutes) - Adrian Reynosa
X. COMMISSIONER REPORTS/COMMENTS
- Commissioner Reports/Comments
XI. ADJOURNMENT - To the next meeting: Tuesday, September 13, 2005, in the MRC Conference Room, #314, West Covina City Hall at 7:00 p.m.