| || |
|Thursday, November 10, 2005|
-Senior Citizens Commission Meeting-
||Thursday, November 10, 2005
||West Covina Senior Center
2501 E. Cortez Street, TV Room
CITY OF WEST COVINA
SENIOR CITIZENS COMMISSION
Chair Mary Newlin
Vice Chair Lydia Solis
George Gliaudys, Jr.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON AGENDA ITEMS, PLEASE CONTACT THE COMMUNITY SERVICES OFFICE, ROOM 205 OF THE WEST COVINA CITY HALL LOCATED AT 1444 W. GARVEY AVE., WEST COVINA, CA 91790. THE CITY COMPLIES WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA). IF YOU NEED SPECIAL ASSISTANCE AT THIS MEETING, THE CITY WILL TRY TO ACCOMMODATE YOU IN EVERY REASONABLE MANNER. PLEASE CALL (626) 814-8430 (VOICE) OR (626) 960-4422 (TDD) FROM 8:00 A.M. TO 5:00 P.M., MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY. NOTICE OF FOUR WORKING DAYS MAY BE REQUIRED.
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG/MOMENT OF SILENT MEDITATION
III. ROLL CALL OF COMMISSIONERS:
Newlin, Solis, Casanova, Gliaudys, Hughes
IV. MINUTES FOR APPROVAL
Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Senior Citizens Commission meeting on Thursday October 13, 2005
Motion by __________, second by __________,
to ____________________. Motion carried __________.
- East Valley Health Center Presentation (Speaker Alicia Thomas) - Vanessa Carter
ADDRESSING THE COMMISSION (3 minutes each speaker)
If you would like to address the Commission regarding a municipal matter that is not on the Agenda, please complete a Speaker's Card and submit it to the Commission Secretary any time prior to Oral Communications - Item V on the Agenda. You may approach the Commission when called upon by the Chair.
If you would like to address the Commission regarding an item on the Agenda, please complete a Speaker's Card and submit it to the Commission Secretary any time prior to the item being discussed. Citizen comments will be taken at the time the subject matter is considered by the Commission. You may approach the Commission when called upon by the Chair. Speaker's Cards are available on the table along with the agendas.
VI. ORAL COMMUNICATIONS - 30 Minutes Total Allotted Time
(3 minutes each speaker - Ordinance No. 502 adopted October 22, 1956)
VII. OLD BUSINESS
- Senior Center Coffee Donation Update - Vanessa Carter
- Accepting Volunteer of the Year Applications - Scott Smilowitz
- Senior Citizens Bridge Club Update - Scott Smilowitz
- Update on Medicare Reform - Scott Smilowitz
VIII. NEW BUSINESS
- Brown Act Training scheduled for Thursday, January 12, 2006 at 7:00 p.m. - Steve Samaniego
- East Valley Art Association Fundraiser - Vanessa Carter
- Senior Citizens Draft House Rules (Attached) - Vanessa Carter
IX. STAFF INFORMATIONAL REPORTS
- Senior Citizens Advisory and Support Board Minutes
Attached Minutes - Vanessa Carter
X. COMMISSIONER REPORTS/COMMENTS
- Individual Reports/Comments on Activities
- Discussion on Future Topics/Interests for Commission Focus
XI. ADJOURNMENT - To the regular meeting scheduled for Thursday, December 8, 2005 at 3:00 p.m. in Room 19 & 20, North Wing, West Covina Senior Citizens Center, 2501 E. Cortez Street, West Covina, California.