| || |
|Thursday, June 08, 2006|
-Senior Citizens Commission Meeting-
||Thursday, June 8, 2006
||West Covina Senior Center
2501 E. Cortez Street, TV Room
CITY OF WEST COVINA
SENIOR CITIZENS COMMISSION
Chair John Hughes
Vice Chair John Glenn
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON AGENDA ITEMS, PLEASE CONTACT THE COMMUNITY SERVICES OFFICE, ROOM 205 OF THE WEST COVINA CITY HALL LOCATED AT 1444 W. GARVEY AVE., WEST COVINA, CA 91790. THE CITY COMPLIES WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA). IF YOU NEED SPECIAL ASSISTANCE AT THIS MEETING, THE CITY WILL TRY TO ACCOMMODATE YOU IN EVERY REASONABLE MANNER. PLEASE CALL (626) 814-8430 (VOICE) OR (626) 960-4422 (TDD) FROM 8:00 A.M. TO 5:00 P.M., MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY. NOTICE OF FOUR WORKING DAYS MAY BE REQUIRED.
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG/MOMENT OF SILENT MEDITATION
III. ROLL CALL OF COMMISSIONERS:
Hughes, Glenn, Perryman, Solis, Taylor
ADDRESSING THE COMMISSION (3 minutes each speaker)
If you would like to address the Commission regarding a municipal matter that is not on the Agenda, please complete a Speaker's Card and submit it to the Commission Secretary any time prior to Oral Communications - Item V on the Agenda. You may approach the Commission when called upon by the Chair.
If you would like to address the Commission regarding an item on the Agenda, please complete a Speaker's Card and submit it to the Commission Secretary any time prior to the item being discussed. Citizen comments will be taken at the time the subject matter is considered by the Commission. You may approach the Commission when called upon by the Chair. Speaker's Cards are available on the table along with the agendas.
IV. ORAL COMMUNICATIONS - 30 Minutes Total Allotted Time
(3 minutes each speaker - Ordinance No. 502 adopted October 22, 1956)
V. OLD BUSINESS
- Senior Volunteer Recognition Tree Unveiling Update - Vanessa Carter
- Medicare Update - Vanessa Carter
- Donation Fund Account Balances - Vanessa Carter
- Volunteer of the Year 2007 Award (Attachment A) - Scott Smilowitz
- Air Conditioning Units Update - Scott Smilowitz
VI. NEW BUSINESS
A. Upcoming City Sponsored Events - Scott Smilowitz (Attachment B)
- Live at the Lakes: Fridays, Ongoing - September 1st from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. at the Lakes Entertainment Center
- Summer Concerts: Thursdays, June 8th - September 7th from 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. at the Lakes Entertainment Center
- Independence Day Celebration/Chili Cook Off: June 30th - July 2nd at Cameron Park
- Filipino Heritage Day: June 11th
- Movies in the Park: Tuesdays, July 11th - August 15th from 7:45 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. at the Civic Center Courtyard
B. May, 2006, Senior Citizens Advisory and Support Board Minutes - Vanessa Carter
VIII. COMMISSIONER REPORTS/COMMENTS
A. Individual Reports/Comments on Activities
B. Discussion on Future Agenda Topics/Interests
Motion by __________, second by __________, to ____________. Motion carried by a vote of ______.
To the regular meeting scheduled for Thursday, July 13, 2006 at 3:00 p.m. in Room 19 & 20, North Wing, West Covina Senior Citizens Center, 2501 E. Cortez Street, West Covina, California.