| || |
|2013 Clean-Up Saturdays Program|
| ||Spring is just |
around the corner!
Plan ahead for the
2013 Clean-Up Saturdays Program
Check out this year's reminder notice here.
The Clean-Up Saturdays program is an annual "Spring Cleaning" event held in April and May. The program is open to single-family residential customers with individual containers serviced by our franchise waste hauler, Athens Services. (Businesses, apartments, and L.A. County unincorporated areas are not included).
The program provides for the unlimited disposal of household waste (not including hazardous waste, electronic waste, or others noted). All items should be placed at the curb no later than 6:00 a.m. on your designated Saturday. Items placed after this time might not be picked-up.
Vegetation and branches must be cut to no longer than 4 feet and bound together in manageable bundles.
Please see below for information about items that do not qualify for the Clean-Up Saturdays Program. If you miss your Clean-Up Saturday, you may call Athens Services to arrange for the free regular bulky-item pickup (limit of 5 items per week and 24 hour advance notice required). For more information, call Athens Services at (626) 336-6100 or the City of West Covina Public Works Maintenance Division 626-939-8458.
Items NOT eligible for Clean-Up Saturdays Pick-up:
Hazardous Waste and Electronic Waste items that can be taken to the HHW Round-Up include:
- Any household hazardous or electronic waste (see below)
- Rocks, dirt, sand, gravel, sod, asphalt, concrete, etc.
- Unbound vegetation and branches
- Televisions, monitors, batteries
- Automobile parts, tires, oil, etc.
- Windows, glass doors, etc.
- Any items placed at the curb after the area has already been serviced
- Brake fluid, paint, paint thinner, cleaners, chemicals
- Pesticides and herbicides
- Household batteries, car batteries, cell phones
- Motor oil, oil filters, antifreeze
- Expired pharmaceuticals, medical needles/sharps
- Fluorescent light bulbs and mercury thermometers
For information on Household Hazardous wastes or for upcoming Round-Ups, call 1-888-253-2652 or the City's Public Works Maintenance Division 626-939-8458. You can also visit:http://www.888cleanla.com/