West Covina Community and Economic Development’s (“CED”) Economic Development efforts are designed to attract new businesses, retain and expand local businesses, create new employment opportunities, increase the tax revenues to the City, and expand the vitality and economic growth of the City. In West Covina, we have all the Elements for a Successful City: a Great Location, a Pro-Business climate, a Distinct Quality of Life, and Affluent Demographics. These four elements all converge in West Covina, cultivating the precise environment for a successful business. If that wasn’t enough, West Covina’s a highly Pro-Business government and a CED Department with a “CAN DO” attitude makes West Covina the number one choice for businesses.
How Can We Help You?
- Experienced Staff: West Covina has experienced, professional and friendly staff trained to help you.
- Personalized Service: We can and will meet you to find out how we can help your business in West Covina.
- Permitting Assistance: We can help you streamline the entitlement process to obtain your City planning and building permits.
- Marketing: We can help you market available building space.
- Site Location: We can help you find a location in West Covina.
- Business Loans: We provide loans to businesses located in West Covina.
Why West Covina?
- West Covina is one of the most aggressive and proactive Economic Development departments in the region.
- Unparalleled business corridor along Interstate 10 with continued growth potential.
- Excellent business-to-business opportunities.
- West Covina boasts over 3,000 businesses.
- Low permit fees.
- No utility tax.
- Rated by Kosmont Associates “Cost of Doing Business Survey” as one of the low-cost Cities in Los Angeles County to conduct business.
- West Covina was selected as the "Most Business Friendly City" for Los Angeles County in 2011.
In addition to services offered, the City has a list of resources to help businesses grow in West Covina. Knowing that the success of a City's economy is based on the success of its businesses, West Covina works diligently to support and promote the local business community establishing a climate ideal for success and growth. For further information or to find out how the CED can help your business, please contact the CED Department.