The City of West Covina is partnering with SCORE, a nonprofit association that provides free and confidential business advice, to help start, grow, and maintain businesses throughout the city. West Covina is excited to bring this resource to our local business community. SCORE offers business mentoring, resources, workshops, online workshops, and much more to help businesses grow and succeed.
Partially funded by the United States Small Business Administration (SBA), SCORE has over 300 chapters with thousands of volunteer business counselors across the country to provide services such as business advice on every aspect of business planning, start-up, management and growth. Other services include workshops and seminars on topics that are customized to the needs of the local business community.
As a result of the City proactive efforts to partner with SCORE, the partnership has allowed SCORE to start an East San Gabriel Valley SCORE chapter.
Please visit the East San Garbiel Valley SCORE Chapter website to schedule a one-on-on mentoring session, get additional information on services offered, or for upcoming workshops/seminars. In addition to see available webinars available through the East San Gabriel Valley chapter please go to their webpage for Take a Workshop.
|9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Alternate Monday’s|
|West Covina City Hall|
|Community & Economic Development|
|Room 218 on the 2nd Floor|
Please check the City's calendar for dates.
Upcoming Workshop(s) (6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.):
- January 26, 2017: "Create a Social Media and Email Marketing Campaign for Your Business"
- February 23, 2017:"How to Know When Your Cash Flow is Low"
- March 30, 2017: "Overcoming Stalled Sales - How to Develop a Sales Strategy"
- April 27, 2017: "Successful Selling Techniques"
- May 3, 2017: "Effective Communication Wins Business"
- June 29, 2017: "Engagement Marketing to Make Every Customer Love You"
- July 27, 2017: "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About SBA Loans"
- August 24, 2017: "How to Negotiate a Commercial Lease"
- September 28, 2017: TBD
- October 26, 2017: TBD
- November 9, 2017: TBD
Location for all workshops- City Hall: Council Chambers (1444 West Garvey Avenue South)
For information on the workshop topic please link to the calendar event. Workshop topics will be posted the month of the workshop.