The City of West Covina is pleased to announce that the City will be continuing to participate in Small Business Saturday this year. Small Business Saturday, started by American Express, is held the Saturday after Thanksgiving and is designed to promote and support small businesses throughout the United States. Small Business Saturday not only seeks participation from small businesses to help promote them, it also encourages residents to "shop local" and "shop small".
The City will be proclaiming November 25, 2017 as Small Business Saturday. The proclamation presentation will be held during the City Council meeting at the West Covina Council Chambers (located at 1444 W. Garvey Avenue South, West Covina, CA 91790) at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 21, 2017.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
With the holidays coming up, what better way to support your local community and get your shopping done than to shop local!
For Small Business Owners
From the City:
The City of West Covina understands the important contributions our local small businesses make to our community. Therefore we would like to help raise awareness about the importance of supporting small businesses and help promote West Covina small businesses. If you are a West Covina small business owner and would like to participate, the City will:
- Promote Small Business Saturday on the City’s social media accounts
- List your business on the City’s website as a participant of Small Business Saturday
- Provide promotional merchandises, courtesy of American Express (supplies are limited and will be provided on a first come served bases)
Please confirm your participation in Small Business Saturday, and get your business on the list, please email Paulina Morales at email@example.com.
From American Express:
In addition, American Express can help promote your business with free personalized ads! American Express is helping merchants who register their business for Small Business Saturday with a variety of free resources:
- Guides and marketing materials
- Merchandise, such as in-store signage, tote bags, and more
- Free online ads
- Promotion through the Small Business Saturday website and location map
Shop Small! Shop at local small business throughout West Covina.
- Find participating small business in West Covina
- Bun Street – 180 S. Glendora Avenue, West Covina, CA 91790
- Craft Hill – 128 N. Grand Avenue, West Covina, CA 91791
- El Pescador–1125 West Covina Parkway, West Covina, CA 91790
- Café Valer – 112 Plaza Drive, #1032, West Covina, CA 91790
- Johnny’s Shrimp Boat – 803 S. Glendora Avenue, CA 91790
- Krua Thai – 935 S. Glendora Avenue, Ca 91790
- West Covina Cleaners – 537 S. Glendora Avenue, West Covina, CA 91790
- Cherry Blossom Nail Lounge – 2500 E. Workman Avenue, West Covina, CA 91791
- The Beautiful Nails – 831 S. Glendora Avenue, West Covina, CA 91790
- Eco Cleaners–208 S. Citrus Street, West Covina 91791
- Entourage Hair Salon – 445 N. Azusa Avenue, West Covina, CA 91791
- Lewis Cleaners – 2122 W. Francisquito Avenue #C, West Covina, CA 91790
- Tiffany’s of West Covina – 711 S. Glendora Avenue, West Covina, CA 91790
- Participating Small Businesses in West Covina
- Liberty Tax Service – 530 S. Glendora Avenue, West Covina, CA 91790
- West Covina Smiles – 3660 Nogales St., Building H, Suite D, West Covina, CA 91792
- Fortune Insurance Agency – 136 1/2 S. Glendora Avenue #3, West Covina, CA 91790
Share and spread the word!
- Take photos and post when patronizing small businesses
- Make sure to share using hashtags"#shopsmall","#smallbizsat" and“#westcovinacity!”
For more information about Small Business Saturday please visit the American Express Shop Small.